2.14.2005

WTF?

What happened this weekend?

Okay, I can see how it's a coach's job to motivate his players--but what can you do when your players are unwilling to be motivated? What can you do when your GM can't pull off a desperately needed trade to rid your team of those who are bringing it down? I know... make the GM coach!




Hello. I will save the team. Coaching experience? Wha? I better buy more ugly sweaters!

Go Kevin! You want to coach these underachievers? Go for it. You want to play SMASHMOUTH basketball? Good luck getting Spree and Sam to play with an ounce of energy. You want to slow it down and pass the ball? Good luck getting T-Hud to not jack up a missed three. I dunno... I don't like it. I asked my boss how he'd like it if he were fired as I sat around with my feet on my desk while ignoring his demands that I get off my ass and get to work. He told me to shut up and get to work.

I had some problems with Flip this year, but the problems I had with Troy, Sam, and Spree far outweighed any blame that I could find on the coach. I heard SO many pre-game interviews where Saunders would lay out a good gameplan--only to watch the game and see the players totally ignoring the gameplan for their own "selfish" agendas.

The NBA sucks this year: the brawl, my Wolfies, McHale coaching my team, inmates ruling the asylum. Hopefully I am overreacting, but so far I am getting sick of my favorite sport. Oh well, at least I have the Heat. At least Kobe's Lakers are losing.

1 comment:

Big Scott said...

100% correct. Period. I can add no more better thoughts than what you've laid out. BTW, Does McHale buy his sweaters at the Bill Cosby garage sale each year or what? UG...