2.17.2005

Valentine's Day.... TONY! WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE? (WARNING... I am feeling sentimental)

My wife bought me the Dukes Of Hazzard 1st season on DVD for Valentine's Day. This made me think, boy... how friggin' lucky am I to have such a wonderful woman (who appreciates great works of art such as the Duke boys) as my wife. This got me thinking of what is best in life... so like Conan the Barbarian, I will answer this with a list.



Well, besides crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of da women...

-Sunday mornings with paper, coffee and a custard bismarck

-Screaming in the stands at a playoff NBA game

-Seeing KG do his slo-mo 'raise the roof' motion to get Target Center "hype"

-Mike Patton singing I Started A Joke

-Al Green singing anything

-Slow dancing to Al Green

-Being able to stay up late enough to catch Conan

-Pounding the shoreline with buzzbaits for bass

-Seeing/hearing the "BAAAM" opening of Star Wars (right after the "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" in the theater

-Edie Brickell singing Oak Cliff Bra

-Fall in Stillwater with color-changed leaves

-A box of Krispy Kremes--hot

-Getting the 7-letter bonus in a game of Scrabble

-Hitting a jumpshot/making a layup (very rare for me)

-Fruity Pebbles--soggy

- Grandma's spaghetti

-Feeling a bass hit a Rattlin' Rapala

-Hiking in the Grand Tetons

-Kirosawa movies

-Hot toast, butter, peanut butter--melty (with a coffee chaser)

-Tuna-buns (1/2 hamburger buns, tuna w/mayo, cheese, onions, toasted in oven)

-Winning an Ebay auction

-Slayer's Raining Blood when it gets to the "Chuck Kunk Chuck Kunk Chuck Kunk" part

-Road trips out west

-Seeing the Descendents LIVE

-Enjoying all of the above with my wife (awwwwwwwwww)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you need to get a life!!! :)

drewbacca said...

Not to mention:
Shell Silverstein books
chicken noodle soup on a rainy day
a sneeze
paid days off from work
Summit
Mario Kart
The O'Reilly Factor
hand-made quilts
that new car smell
-aaaah. Life is good.
...I could on and on all day but I gotta get back to work....

Anonymous said...

check out the K102 radio station. Just this week, they talked about a dukes of hazzard contest. I think it's a trivia contest.
Bet you'd do great!
Good luck!
Valkommen!