5.02.2005

Poetry? Yuk...

Again, sorry for the lack of new stuff...

Here's something I wrote for a creative writing class back in the day at the U of MN. Yeah, it's poetry and poetry sucks. BUT, it's timely as there are both new Star Wars and Duke Boys movies coming out this summer. Nice nostalgia, though. Basically, the poem shows how boys play--according to their hair color.
--------------------------------

Copyright 1995, Anthony Selbitschka

I wish I had black hair
then I could be Han.
Bradley Bruce Northquest got to be Han
(he had black hair).
My hair was blonde....
like stupid Luke's.
I wish I could be Han.

Behind, beyond the frosted weeping willow
the Imperial army marched.
I as Luke
with my blonde hair and
Bradley Bruce Northquest
and his black hair as Han
successfully, imaginarilly
protected the rebel base
on the frozen planet backyard.

Nightfall was closing in on
the ice-planet Hoth my backyard.
I as Luke with my blonde hair
was to report back to the rebel base my home.

(I as myself now with my blonde hair.)

Stupid Moonboots!
Stupid liner came out of the boot again and is
sticking to my three layers of spongeyslusheypuddlesocks.

Smells like cocoa.

Go downstairs
in the laundry room
strip down to my darkgreenultracool
Yoda Underroos underwear...
leaving behind a drippingsoggeylumpo'winterclothes
For Mom to take care of.

Kiss Mom.
Take cocoa.
Get my comforter.
Turn on the Duke boys.
Lie down.
With the cocoa.
In my Yoda Underroos.
Laugh at Crazy Cooter.
Wait 'till summer.
When I can be Bo Duke.

Cause I got blonde hair.
Like Bo Duke.
And Bradley Bruce Northquest
Has to be stupid Luke Duke
'Cause he has black hair.
Like Luke Duke.
And we get to cruise around Hazard County Oakdale, Minnesota
In our General Lee our bikes
In the summer
With my blonde hair.

No comments: